The Lerk

2»

Comments

• TeckBladeTeckBlade Join Date: 2005-02-15 Member: 41260Members
    no, lerk is overpowered. aliens spawn with 25 res, they get 5 more and bam they all go lerks and spore spam. some go gorge, some save for fade and onos.

lerk should be 35 res.
  • JNighthawkJNighthawk Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8160Members
    No, it shouldn't be Blade. Did you even *think* about the reprecussions of changing the res cost?
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-JNighthawk+Feb 28 2005, 07:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (JNighthawk @ Feb 28 2005, 07:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I can guarentee you that you were not banned from LM for "placing sensories first" there are no rules on LM that are related to build order aside from the fact that marine commander are not allowed to recycle the IPs in order to end the game. People do not get banned from LM for any reason other then breaking the rules of the server. Every ban must be reported and failure to do so will result in the admin in question losing thier adminship, let alone if the ban was made for reasons that aren't covered under LM's rules.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I can guarantee you I was. A bit into the game, after receiving one reply about what chamber everyone wanted (and that one guy said defense), I dropped sensory. The entire team including the admin that banned me insulted me, calling me a nub and what-have-you, and the admin banned me for "Not asking the team what chamber I want to drop first." Maybe my math is fuzzy but a 1-1 tie on opinions can go either way... and since I was paying for the chambers, it went my way.

My post on my home server about what happened: <a href='http://www.vadakill.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=10;t=2575' target='_blank'>Post</a> I probably posted this on that night, but it mighta been a bit earlier. The reason why I show you this is because it has the date listed and the only way that would be fake is if this is all some great big hoax. If you believe that, you're a huge conspiracy theorist.

So, please don't tell me what I have or have not been banned for. I've got enough stories from different servers, but I don't wanna violate the boards specific server policy. Only reason I'm talking about LM is because it was brought up earlier. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    First check if you are still banned, as we recently reset the banlist... Second, you really should have made a PR thread in the <a href='http://www.lunixmonster.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9' target='_blank'>LM public relations forum</a> as, if what you say is true, you were pretty much wrongfully banned, and the admin responsable should be dealt with accordingly.

Of course dropping the wrong chamber may be frustrating for the team you are playing on, but it is not a bannable offence, and you should not have been banned for it.

And FYI sensory first is not the "high skill" chamber go. It is situationally dependent. Many game situations dropping a sensory as your first chamber is suicide, weather or not you have a high skill team, and in other situations you really don't need that high an average skill level on your team for sensory first to work.

In the future if you ask "what chamber should I drop?" and no one says sensory, that is NOT a 1 to 1 ratio of people who want sensory, even if you want it really bad. The skulks know what is going on in the map alot better then you do as a gorge, and they will tell you if sensory is the apropriate option in that situation.
  • theclamtheclam Join Date: 2004-08-01 Member: 30290Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Swiftspear+Mar 1 2005, 02:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Swiftspear @ Mar 1 2005, 02:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> In the future if you ask "what chamber should I drop?" and no one says sensory, that is NOT a 1 to 1 ratio of people who want sensory, even if you want it really bad. The skulks know what is going on in the map alot better then you do as a gorge, and they will tell you if sensory is the apropriate option in that situation. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Correct.

Always assume DCs unless you hear <b>several</b> people say MC or SC.

Never say "what chamber should I drop?" Then, you have to have a majority of the team agree. Instead, say, "can I drop MCs?" If no one says no, then you can do it.
  • TOmekkiTOmekki Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23524Members
    on a FF server (like LM) its actually more useful to get mc's first than dc's.
    <!--QuoteBegin-TOmekki+Mar 1 2005, 03:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TOmekki @ Mar 1 2005, 03:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> on a FF server (like LM) its actually more useful to get mc's first than dc's. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah. On LM, your 2nd hive goes up relatively fast, and MCs are very helpful in defending it. Plus, FF means that you can spit the hive to get there before it finishes.

Too bad fades are weakned by MCs first.
  • ThreeLeggedSkulkThreeLeggedSkulk Join Date: 2005-01-18 Member: 36305Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-theclam+Mar 1 2005, 04:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (theclam @ Mar 1 2005, 04:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Too bad fades are weakned by MCs first. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That can go either way. Most fades would take clerity over regeneration anyday. In a high skilled match I know for a fact a gorge will be in the 2nd hive that is going up for heal spray, with an MC right next to him for both energy and escaping purposes. Mix that with a good fade, and you can get that hive up no problem.
    <!--QuoteBegin-ThreeLeggedSkulk+Mar 1 2005, 06:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (ThreeLeggedSkulk @ Mar 1 2005, 06:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-theclam+Mar 1 2005, 04:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (theclam @ Mar 1 2005, 04:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Too bad fades are weakned by MCs first. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That can go either way. Most fades would take clerity over regeneration anyday. In a high skilled match I know for a fact a gorge will be in the 2nd hive that is going up for heal spray, with an MC right next to him for both energy and escaping purposes. Mix that with a good fade, and you can get that hive up no problem. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You won't find that level of organization in a pub, however.
  • TaaketaTaaketa Join Date: 2004-02-10 Member: 26357Members
    Fact about Lerks. Never ever fly at a marine's legs. Fly for his head. I found the best way to kill a lerk was lure him into me. And BOOM SG to the lerk's = dead lerk.

If you ever swoop in for a kill make sure its A) a weakened marine b) a marine with lmg or hmg (hard to aim well for lerks) c) Not aware of you d) and there isn't 5 other rine around the corner from that rine.
  • TOmekkiTOmekki Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23524Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-theclam+Mar 1 2005, 04:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (theclam @ Mar 1 2005, 04:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-TOmekki+Mar 1 2005, 03:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TOmekki @ Mar 1 2005, 03:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> on a FF server (like LM) its actually more useful to get mc's first than dc's. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah. On LM, your 2nd hive goes up relatively fast, and MCs are very helpful in defending it. Plus, FF means that you can spit the hive to get there before it finishes.

Too bad fades are weakned by MCs first. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    celerity fades can be just as deadly as dc fades, if not even more.