Whats The Point Of Mp_blockscripts

Comments

• joeejoee Join Date: 2005-06-18 Member: 54113Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cereal KillR+Jun 29 2005, 05:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Cereal KillR @ Jun 29 2005, 05:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-joee+Jun 30 2005, 12:09 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (joee @ Jun 30 2005, 12:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Cereal KillR+Jun 29 2005, 04:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Cereal KillR @ Jun 29 2005, 04:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If you don't remember, it was on these very forums that many people whined about scripts (esp. Pistol script due to the lack of a speed cap)

Now that we have the var, people whine about scripts being blocked...

The point of blockscripts is to ALLOW the blocking of scripts while NOT ENFORCING it. No-one's forcing it on, no-one's forcing it off. Both parties are large enough for you to be happy. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <b>NO THEY'RE flipping NOT, THIS IS NOT CS, THIS IS NS WITH A PLAYERBASE OF 3 DIGITS</b>

it managed to seperate the two communities perfectly though, a very shortsited move good job <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well it's probably because I don't care where I play and I manage to play with my scripts or without. But seriously, apart from the clan scene, you'll find plenty of servers satisfying your needs. I once wanted to go only on blockscripts servers (I was so annoyed at those insta-empty pistols that I just told myself that the day bs works, I'll only live on them) but eventually, I went to use my sweet "togglebuild script" (a script that toggles +use and -use) and went on non-bs servers.
    My conclusion is that it's more or less of the same.

Now back to the clan scene, where this setting is really tearing the game apart. Blockscripts here is, I think, the least of their worries right now. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    really i can't stand bs 1 servers not because i have to rebind some keys but because most of the players are terrible
    edited June 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-Splinter Steve?+Jun 29 2005, 05:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Splinter Steve? @ Jun 29 2005, 05:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> We're gonna cite blockscripts as the death of NS now?  Come on, someone just say it and make my day.

Boo friggin' hoo. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    you can draw a line on average player skill off that cvar

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Most of the servers I frequent for CO play with mp_bs on. In SPITE of that (and the fact that they could easily check if they had the least bit of knowledge about the HL engine) I REGULARLY see comments accusing someone with a high kill count of being a "SCRIPTER!".
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    this is hardly suprising honestly
  • TOmekkiTOmekki Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23524Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-stallioN+Jun 29 2005, 05:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (stallioN @ Jun 29 2005, 05:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why do clanners need scripts? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Stereotype, much.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-TOmekki+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TOmekki)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why do clanners need scripts? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    we dont

edit: some people just end up using scripts because they can and they feel like using them. in europe (and aus/nz?), leagues dont allow the option of using scripts (except the ones that arent blocked by blockscripts), so we pretty much dont. except ben.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sorry, sirs. Read CWAG's post and then we can discuss this.

(Can't find it? Try the end of the second paragraph. Aww, hell, I'll just paste it. And I quote:

<i>'Whoever invented that command seriously has a problem with clan play, something this game was originally intended to compliment nicely.'</i>

Is our intrepid parlor pink OP insinuating that only clanners use scripts? You tell me.) <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    what? would it help if i said "some clanners just end up using scripts because they can and they feel like it."?
  • stallioNstallioN Join Date: 2005-06-21 Member: 54363Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Is our intrepid parlor pink OP insinuating that only clanners use scripts? You tell me.) <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    mp_bs 1 affects the clanners the most because in New Australia or whatever, it isn't allowed.
  • DubbilexDubbilex Chump Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9799Members
    It's obvious that the majority of scripts are not abusive. Something not quite as obvious is just why you folks still whine about bs_1 if your scripts mean nothing to you and are not a crucial part of your game.

If scripts aren't a crucial part of your game, just stop whining - you're just making yourselves look bad. If they are a crucial part of your game, you've got troubles.

Honestly, which way is it?
  • CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    I wasn't referring to clans only use scripts, because its ignorant and down right foolish to generalize. If your going to take away a script like 3hop you might as well disable the mousewheel for jumping, force the gamma and brightness to one level for everyone, etc.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It's obvious that the majority of scripts are not abusive. Something not quite as obvious is just why you folks still whine about bs_1 if your scripts mean nothing to you and are not a crucial part of your game.

If scripts aren't a crucial part of your game, just stop whining - you're just making yourselves look bad. If they are a crucial part of your game, you've got troubles.

Honestly, which way is it? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    do we need to explain the concept of a mousewheel, and why blockscripts forces you to switch your binds around to use it, and scripts allow you to NOT use a mousewheel?

or are you so dense you think mousewheels are exploitative too
  • AhnteisAhnteis teh Bob Join Date: 2002-10-02 Member: 1405Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    edited June 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 10:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 10:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It's obvious that the majority of scripts are not abusive.  Something not quite as obvious is just why you folks still whine about bs_1 if your scripts mean nothing to you and are not a crucial part of your game.   

If scripts aren't a crucial part of your game, just stop whining - you're just making yourselves look bad.  If they are a crucial part of your game, you've got troubles.

Honestly, which way is it? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You seem to be forgetting the "scripts make gameplay more CONVENIENT".

As said above, I see plenty of excellent players who remain excellent on MP_BS 1 servers, but making the game more of a pain does not tend to help people enjoy it more.

EDIT: You are basically saying "Don't like it, then leave." -- and that's exactly what people are doing.
  • DuoGodOfDeathDuoGodOfDeath Join Date: 2002-08-01 Member: 1044Members
    Oh poo, who's signature was it.

"Mp_bs 1 or 0 either way i'll still kill you."

Yeah that works pretty well.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It's obvious that the majority of scripts are not abusive. Something not quite as obvious is just why you folks still whine about bs_1 if your scripts mean nothing to you and are not a crucial part of your game.

Honestly, which way is it? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    they arent crucial but if youve gotten used to say jumping with 3jumps or fading with some scripts then its a pain to re-learn all that just because someone decides to turn a variable on

its like, youre used to playing with arrow keys. then a svar called mp_wasdonly comes, and in the frenzy server admins turn it on because they want their server to be wasd only. so now you have to adapt.

oh and i suppose youll make the "lol naturalselection adapt" comment/cliche/whatever. well dont, its useless.
  • stallioNstallioN Join Date: 2005-06-21 Member: 54363Members

A lot of scripts are just there for convenience, such as rebinding a set of keys for different alien classes. For instance I use a small blink script for mouse2 as a Fade, yet if I Skulk, then it rebinds that to lastinv.
  • CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members

I use a 3hop because in order to bhop otherwise I have to hammer my space bar and my thumb gets very sore, I use a pistol script (which took alot of getting used to for both) to give me more control

SCRIPTS ARE NOT SOME SECRET FORBIDDEN ART-FORM EVERYONE CAN USE THEM IT IS ANOTHER FORM OF CUSTOMIZING YOUR CONTROL SET NOT A INSTANT SKILL-O-MATIC
    <!--QuoteBegin-CommunistWithAGun+Jun 29 2005, 05:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CommunistWithAGun @ Jun 29 2005, 05:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I wasn't referring to clans only use scripts, because its ignorant and down right foolish to generalize. If your going to take away a script like 3hop you might as well disable the mousewheel for jumping, force the gamma and brightness to one level for everyone, etc. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    dont give them ideas, sigh
  • AhnteisAhnteis teh Bob Join Date: 2002-10-02 Member: 1405Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-TOmekki+Jun 29 2005, 10:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TOmekki @ Jun 29 2005, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-CommunistWithAGun+Jun 29 2005, 05:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CommunistWithAGun @ Jun 29 2005, 05:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I wasn't referring to clans only use scripts, because its ignorant and down right foolish to generalize. If your going to take away a script like 3hop you might as well disable the mousewheel for jumping, force the gamma and brightness to one level for everyone, etc. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    dont give them ideas, sigh <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    NS already comes with a gamma forcer. However, all it really does is make it hard to see ANYTHING on ATI cards.
    <!--QuoteBegin-DuoGodOfDeath+Jun 29 2005, 05:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (DuoGodOfDeath @ Jun 29 2005, 05:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Oh poo, who's signature was it.

"Mp_bs 1 or 0 either way i'll still kill you."

Yeah that works pretty well. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Said it all, right there.
    <!--QuoteBegin-CommunistWithAGun+Jun 29 2005, 05:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CommunistWithAGun @ Jun 29 2005, 05:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> IT IS ANOTHER FORM OF CUSTOMIZING YOUR CONTROL SET NOT A INSTANT SKILL-O-MATIC <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    yes and no. there are some scripts that just give you an outright advantage and help your game A LOT.

pm me on irc or something if you feel like continuing about that though
    <!--QuoteBegin-Ahnteis+Jun 29 2005, 05:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ahnteis @ Jun 29 2005, 05:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-TOmekki+Jun 29 2005, 10:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TOmekki @ Jun 29 2005, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-CommunistWithAGun+Jun 29 2005, 05:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CommunistWithAGun @ Jun 29 2005, 05:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I wasn't referring to clans only use scripts, because its ignorant and down right foolish to generalize. If your going to take away a script like 3hop you might as well disable the mousewheel for jumping, force the gamma and brightness to one level for everyone, etc. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    dont give them ideas, sigh <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    NS already comes with a gamma forcer. However, all it really does is make it hard to see ANYTHING on ATI cards. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Which is why on my 9800 pro I have to use brightness 1000 :|
    <!--QuoteBegin-Ahnteis+Jun 29 2005, 05:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ahnteis @ Jun 29 2005, 05:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-TOmekki+Jun 29 2005, 10:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TOmekki @ Jun 29 2005, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-CommunistWithAGun+Jun 29 2005, 05:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CommunistWithAGun @ Jun 29 2005, 05:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I wasn't referring to clans only use scripts, because its ignorant and down right foolish to generalize. If your going to take away a script like 3hop you might as well disable the mousewheel for jumping, force the gamma and brightness to one level for everyone, etc. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    dont give them ideas, sigh <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    NS already comes with a gamma forcer. However, all it really does is make it hard to see ANYTHING on ATI cards. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    the lightgamma forcer? or gamma/brightness?

lightgamma forcer is bypassed by aliasing the command
    edited June 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-TOmekki+Jun 29 2005, 05:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TOmekki @ Jun 29 2005, 05:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-CommunistWithAGun+Jun 29 2005, 05:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CommunistWithAGun @ Jun 29 2005, 05:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> IT IS ANOTHER FORM OF CUSTOMIZING YOUR CONTROL SET NOT A INSTANT SKILL-O-MATIC <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    yes and no. there are some scripts that just give you an outright advantage and help your game A LOT.

pm me on irc or something if you feel like continuing about that though <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    too bad they can't be bothered to fix those flipping things then

plus we all know its impossible to automate anything without scripts [cough macros]
    edited June 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-CommunistWithAGun+Jun 29 2005, 05:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CommunistWithAGun @ Jun 29 2005, 05:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It's obvious that the majority of scripts are not abusive.  Something not quite as obvious is just why you folks still whine about bs_1 if your scripts mean nothing to you and are not a crucial part of your game.   

If scripts aren't a crucial part of your game, just stop whining - you're just making yourselves look bad.  If they are a crucial part of your game, you've got troubles.

Honestly, which way is it? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I use a 3hop because in order to bhop otherwise I have to hammer my space bar and my thumb gets very sore, I use a pistol script (which took alot of getting used to for both) to give me more control

SCRIPTS ARE NOT SOME SECRET FORBIDDEN ART-FORM EVERYONE CAN USE THEM IT IS ANOTHER FORM OF CUSTOMIZING YOUR CONTROL SET NOT A INSTANT SKILL-O-MATIC<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So you're saying you use your 3hop script because <i>your thumb gets sore</i> if you do it like *MANY* other people? Maybe you should find a new hobby. Gaming sounds too hardcore for you.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-CommunistWithAGun+Jun 29 2005, 05:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CommunistWithAGun @ Jun 29 2005, 05:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It's obvious that the majority of scripts are not abusive.  Something not quite as obvious is just why you folks still whine about bs_1 if your scripts mean nothing to you and are not a crucial part of your game.   

SCRIPTS ARE NOT SOME SECRET FORBIDDEN ART-FORM EVERYONE CAN USE THEM IT IS ANOTHER FORM OF CUSTOMIZING YOUR CONTROL SET NOT A INSTANT SKILL-O-MATIC<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So you're saying you use your 3hop script because <i>your thumb gets sore</i> if you do it like most other people? Maybe you should find a new hobby. Gaming sounds too hardcore for you. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    bind mwheeldown +jump
    bind mwheelup +jump

"other people" are people who use mwheel.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    So you're saying you use your 3hop script because <i>your thumb gets sore</i> if you do it like most other people? Maybe you should find a new hobby. Gaming sounds too hardcore for you. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    most other people? its about 50-50 or so i hear in north america; half of the ppl who bhop use a script the rest use mwheel.

in europe almost everyone uses mwheel
  • DuoGodOfDeathDuoGodOfDeath Join Date: 2002-08-01 Member: 1044Members
    Usefull scripts: +3jump, Pistol, medpack/ammo.

Oh what others are there that are usefull. I only use 3jump and a med and ammo one so yeah :/
  • gyMegyMe Join Date: 2004-08-27 Member: 30961Members, Constellation
    Either remove mp_bs or remove the ability to use scripts. This inbetween stuff is stupid. All it does is create animosity in the community. It has definately done more harm than good.
    Everybody:

I realized the error of my ways, and how my entire argument was invalidated by those last few words. Fixed just for you <3

love and kisses,
    Dubbilex
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Everybody:

I realized the error of my ways, and how my entire argument was invalidated by those last few words. Fixed just for you <3

love and kisses,
    Dubbilex <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    what argument please

youre just trying to score e-points with phrases like "Lol! sore fingers! better find another hobby!"

let me ask you if youve ever bunnyhopped in ns?
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-CommunistWithAGun+Jun 29 2005, 05:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CommunistWithAGun @ Jun 29 2005, 05:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It's obvious that the majority of scripts are not abusive.  Something not quite as obvious is just why you folks still whine about bs_1 if your scripts mean nothing to you and are not a crucial part of your game.   

So you're saying you use your 3hop script because <i>your thumb gets sore</i> if you do it like *MANY* other people? Maybe you should find a new hobby. Gaming sounds too hardcore for you. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I have atheritis thanks
    <!--QuoteBegin-gyMe+Jun 29 2005, 05:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (gyMe @ Jun 29 2005, 05:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Either remove mp_bs or remove the ability to use scripts. This inbetween stuff is stupid. All it does is create animosity in the community. It has definately done more harm than good. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    absolutely right
  • Fatal_ErrorFatal_Error Join Date: 2005-01-15 Member: 35840Members
    I am so ****ing sick of any thing that's "killing ns anymore." All you people do anymore is WHINE!

omg co is killing ns
    omg bs 1 is killing ns

I'm sick of it. If you don't like BS on, get HLSW or leave the server. If you want to play on the server, adapt. guys, its like you have to use scripts or the game sucks. For once, play a game without being blind in outrage over scripts. That's all.

That said, I use a Skulk leap+bite bind. I like scripts, I'm just ****ing amazed at the whining in this community.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Fatal Error+Jun 29 2005, 06:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Fatal Error @ Jun 29 2005, 06:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I am so ****ing sick of any thing that's "killing ns anymore." All you people do anymore is WHINE!

omg co is killing ns
    omg bs 1 is killing ns

I'm sick of it. If you don't like BS on, get HLSW or leave the server. If you want to play on the server, adapt. guys, its like you have to use scripts or the game sucks. For once, play a game without being blind in outrage over scripts. That's all.

That said, I use a Skulk leap+bite bind. I like scripts, I'm just ****ing amazed at the whining in this community.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    no the very fact it's there is whats caused a split
This discussion has been closed.