Build 243 Live on Steam - Natural Selection 2

2»

Comments

• RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    MiniH0wie wrote: »
    RockyMarc wrote: »
    Can you see if you are invis in alien vision yet? o_O

Nope :(

Sad panda :(

• MuzzzyMuzzzy Join Date: 2005-07-20 Member: 56360Members
    So on my 8-core would it be 800% faster? :P
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • SeahuntsSeahunts Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151973Members
    Not sure if this was a 243 thing or just random anomaly but...

I came across a seemingly invincible crag yesterday. I emptied a full shotty clip in to it point blank without pausing to reload and it still had 100% health. I came back later with other people and noticed the crag was still in god mode even with multiple people shooting it. The crag was next to hive, but not near any other crags. It did die much later to arcs however.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Seahunts wrote: »

I came across a seemingly invincible crag yesterday. I emptied a full shotty clip in to it point blank without pausing to reload and it still had 100% health. I came back later with other people and noticed the crag was still in god mode even with multiple people shooting it. The crag was next to hive, but not near any other crags. It did die much later to arcs however.

Had this happen in a scrim once, but I thought it was a map bug because it was on icarus.
  • Paul-HewsonPaul-Hewson Join Date: 2008-02-25 Member: 63737Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Crashing a lot on map changes.. not very good for that..
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    edited March 2013

i've had this too - except the hp bar went down to 0% and then instantly filled back up to 100% again.

i guessed it was some kind of inconsistency between client and server.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I am also crashing alot on map changes.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Surprised there's been no hotfix for the frequent crashes. Going to be an interesting Pax event.
  • FrothybeverageFrothybeverage Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13593Members
    Crash sometimes on map load now. Rare though.
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members

I had this happen on a Crag in sub sector, it was part way in the ramp/small stairway to the hive. It would do exactly as you describe take shots the health would vanish then magically reappear, had the same thing happen with a cyst to.
  • LPCLPC Join Date: 2002-04-07 Member: 384Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    I have an AMD Hexacore CPU, and loading times (roughly 1-1,5 minute on _every_ first load after I start up NS2) have not decreased at all for me..?
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It's only the compiling shader load part that was shortened
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow

This bug isn't specific to the crag, or to B243.
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    LPC wrote: »
    I have an AMD Hexacore CPU, and loading times (roughly 1-1,5 minute on _every_ first load after I start up NS2) have not decreased at all for me..?

CPU doesn't really matter afaik.

the main things which effect loading would be: lower texture quality, SSD, defrag etc
  • FrothybeverageFrothybeverage Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13593Members
    I don't crash.

Spoke too soon.
    Crashed on load about 20 mins ago when swapping from Refinery to Docking, not that which map to which map matters.
  • Paul-HewsonPaul-Hewson Join Date: 2008-02-25 Member: 63737Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Tired of crashing on map change, please do something. I wait so long get in some community server and can't play much in because of the crashes on map change !
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Jekt wrote: »
    Surprised there's been no hotfix for the frequent crashes. Going to be an interesting Pax event.

Only crashed once all weekend despite the game playing on medium rigs for 8 hours a day.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I had my first (and only so far...) of these crashes today. I've been lucky, some of my friends have had loads of them :(

Still, that's not put a damper on my gaming night - it's been awesome fun teaching the new guys how to comm, getting an entire server (yes, both teams!) following their respective comm/field comm's orders and having some tight games.

The performance improvements seem to have been just right - I've not seen a SINGLE complaint about performance in any of the servers since 243. Good job!
  • SeahuntsSeahunts Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151973Members
    Found another invincible structure, this time a spur. It was in nearly exactly the same spot on mine shaft next to the cave hive. This time it survived even after the hive and all the infest was cleared!
  • AiorosAioros Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14850Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    IronHorse wrote: »

Only crashed once all weekend despite the game playing on medium rigs for 8 hours a day.

two players in our team are crashing frequently since the patch.
    if i tab out of the game, it crashs now 10 times as often as b4 the patch.
    • u got unkillable shades and crags since the last 3 versions. if u shoot them from a distance they just dont die and they get back to full HP.
    • some marins are not getting teleported back to the CC when using beacon
    • the engine allows it to still build important alien building outside of the map or above it ...
    • in the commchair: when im using hotkeys for buildings like the armslab or obs the hotkeys or manuell clicking to upgrade stuff isnt working

a hotfix would be rly nice
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Aioros wrote: »
    IronHorse wrote: »

two players in our team are crashing frequently since the patch.
    if i tab out of the game, it crashs now 10 times as often as b4 the patch.
    • u got unkillable shades and crags since the last 3 versions. if u shoot them from a distance they just dont die and they get back to full HP.
    • some marins are not getting teleported back to the CC when using beacon
    • the engine allows it to still build important alien building outside of the map or above it ...
    • in the commchair: when im using hotkeys for buildings like the armslab or obs the hotkeys or manuell clicking to upgrade stuff isnt working

a hotfix would be rly nice

Just fixes overall would be good...
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2013
    Frequent crashing would be the only thing on that list worth hot fixing. The rest can wait for a patch as they are not show stoppers, but typical bugs.

I think everyone can agree ns2 is patched frequently enough that you won't be waiting long for those all to be fixed.
    Rest assured all those items are known, btw
  • AiorosAioros Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14850Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    The bug with unkillable structures is in for like 3 patches now and can result in turning a competitive game completely. Ever tryed to kill a Hive or an RT when 3 hydras are not killable? And 3 patches is in my understanding long for such a critical bug. What would be a good timing for you Ironhorse to fix such a bug?

I asked a playtester btw of these bug and he told me this bug is not listed on the bugtracker yet.
    The others bugs are in the game for so long .... like start of the beta?! Tthat i dont care about them getting fixed anymore ... they are part of the game now.
    But unkillablestructres are srsly an issue. Everyone has encounterd that bug (im sure of that) without seeing the HP on range shooting, so you dont see the HP going back to full again.
  • GohanZetaGohanZeta Join Date: 2010-11-18 Member: 74996Members, NS2 Playtester
    Just to illustrate one of those game breaking moments here you can see how a bugged beacon on Fana saved Archaea from loosing the game to HBZ in their NSL Season 2 match, both teames approved of it being a bug as well.
    Beacons been broken since beta. If the sound even plays, you may or may not get teleported back. Alright!
    Timing is most definitely not the only factor airos, otherwise there wouldn't be left over bugs from beta days as mentioned, right? Try to leave your bug reports in tech support please. And always feel free to ask me whether something is known.. not everything is kept our bug tracking system.
    Thank you for your patience.