Future

2»

Comments

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I think future is pretty mediocre when it comes to rapping, however his producer does make some pretty catchy beats for his songs. Even if most of them sound like they have the same exact chorus..

Oh, we were talking about ns2.. how could I have been so mistaken!
  • mclawlsmclawls Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183556Members
    Timarius wrote: »
    I play on servers hosted on the west coast of the US. When I say I take on 3-4 marines alone, I mean in a decently open enough area that allows me to duck through and around them with shadow step. Now, there are very easy ways to do this. Shadow step behind them, turn, hit, repeat. Blink above them, shadow step down, hit, repeat.

But when dealing with a shotgun, the best tactic is the step to the side until you hear the first shot go off, then time your dodges for when the gun is ready to fire again.

But when dealing with the 3-4 I deal with often, it's not always about killing them. Holding them there long enough to allow reinforcements to arrive or to save a hive is the best feeling ever.

And now to reveal my horrible secret... dun dun DUNNNNN! I'm an adrenaline/silence/regeneration Fade. Now you know my horrible secret!

If you're killing 3-4 marines as a regen fade you're playing against bad players. In fact, I'll just say it. You're playing against bad players.

You'll get better and see that not getting cara means you're absolutely fucked against anyone who's decent.

I could probably kill you with an LMG 1on1 with a level or two of upgrades if you didn't have cara, you could shadowstep all you want.

Shotgun and good players can maim fades. Groups of good fades can deal with it, that's about it.

But yea adren/silence (with blink) are both standard.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    yeah, Regen fade only if I got another fade in the bank... and it's the kind of game where I can have another fade in the bank. otherwise, Cara... Regen doesn't get you much that shadowing to the nearest hive won't.
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    edited April 2013
    Regen/celerity, you cant pull the solo shit you can pull with cara but unless Im playing leet fags who have amazing map awareness and can sense me coming from behind in the middle of a firefight I do pretty well. Its not like you're obligated to fight to the death.
    I have also yet to die due to running out of energy.
    mclawls wrote: »
    I could probably kill you with an LMG 1on1 with a level or two of upgrades if you didn't have cara, you could shadowstep all you want.

Maybe you play against crazy fades who feel honour bound to stay in the room until they or the enemy dies, but methinks you are somewhat missing the point of REGENERATION.
    Regen/celerity, you can pull the solo shit you can pull with cara but unless Im playing leet fags who have amazing map awareness and can sense me coming from behin in the middle of a firefight I do pretty well. Its not like you're obligated to fight to the death.

you're under the impression that marines don't know how to flank as well
    edited April 2013
    amoral wrote: »
    Regen/celerity, you can pull the solo shit you can pull with cara but unless Im playing leet fags who have amazing map awareness and can sense me coming from behin in the middle of a firefight I do pretty well. Its not like you're obligated to fight to the death.

you're under the impression that marines don't know how to flank as well

And you're under the impression that the entire alien team is blind, deaf, mute, incapable of basic scouting, communication or even being mindful of the map layout.
    Or were you referring to not dying due to lack of energy? I meant that Ive never gotten stuck in a room with the people I was fighting due to lack of energy, sometimes I blink out of a fight and straight into a shotgun. And sometimes they hunt my ass down with jps and shoot me like a dog when I think Im safe.

On the subject, I think that in ns2 fade needs much more cooperation with the rest of the aliens than it did in ns1, where a good fade could more or less go solo (except for the big fights) and be a terrifying and deadly assassin.
  • TimariusTimarius Join Date: 2012-11-15 Member: 171220Members
    mclawls wrote: »
    If you're killing 3-4 marines as a regen fade you're playing against bad players. In fact, I'll just say it. You're playing against bad players.

You'll get better and see that not getting cara means you're absolutely fucked against anyone who's decent.

Shotgun and good players can maim fades. Groups of good fades can deal with it, that's about it.

But yea adren/silence (with blink) are both standard.

It's nice of you to insult all of the people I've ever played against. It's even nicer of you to talk down about my play style as if it's the worst thing ever to have been done.

And the nicest part is when you claim your great prowess and assured victory over me.

The difference between a carapace Fade and a regeneration Fade is simple. A carapace Fade prefers to stay in fights longer and then retreat the long run to a hive. A regeneration Fade likes to get in, deal damage, pop out for a moment, then come right back for more.

I've played both, and I prefer regen. As far as proving your superiority, feel free if you come across me in a server. After all, your victory is most assured.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    I play against good shotgun weilders as a regen celerity fade.. i get by, why is it these pr0 l33t players need carapace to survive? Are they that bad with shadowstep/blink? hell even strafing?
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Not always, simply keeping marines in 2 bases/forward positions doesn't win a game, if they pump out enough arcs/exos.

Which is a problem related to the marine turtling-capabilities, not an underpowered fade. And this is still an extremely advantageous situation for the aliens, with a marine comeback being rather rare.

• RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Well I tend to suck at this game, but I usually take Celerity/Silence/Carapace as fade. I choose celerity because I've never run out of energy with the fade (unlike the lerk, where I choose celerity because it's rude, but I have bad energy management on the lerk and quite often run out...). I choose silence because silence is flat out awesome. I choose carapace because... shotguns.

I only need to get caught on a railing or beam or bit of rock to take another shot on my exit, and I find regen means that I'm more likely to die during my escape after a single good shotgun hit than if I took carapace. Just because I don't have regen, doesn't mean I always have to retreat to the hive, either... there are often crag posts or gorges away from the hive to allow you to move back in sooner. And I don't stick around trying to tank damage any more - get in, swipe, get out, rinse and repeat as required.

But as I said above, I suck so don't take my post without a good pinch of salt.
    map awareness is always good, but Cara lets you shadow away more reliably and celerity doesn't really get you anything over shadow
  • RisingSunRisingSun Rising California Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Imo celerity is overshadowed by adren sine you can use adren 100% of the time. When you need celerity the most it isnt there because you are in combat or trying to quickly get out of it.

Cara is a must when shotguns are out due to the lag compensation. You can be badly hurt before you even see the first indication of damage done. Any health buffer is a help.
    edited April 2013
    amoral wrote: »
    map awareness is always good, but Cara lets you shadow away more reliably and celerity doesn't really get you anything over shadow
    Yeah my use of celerity is a fossil left over from the days it boosted blink speed.

I find crouch blinking to be the best way to not get stuck on all the doodads that litter this game's maps.
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    I play against good shotgun weilders as a regen celerity fade.. i get by, why is it these pr0 l33t players need carapace to survive? Are they that bad with shadowstep/blink? hell even strafing?
    Prolly cause in comp games "getting by" is not sufficient, and a dead fade often means lost game.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    This thread should be closed, it's so off topic that there's no point anymore.