Natural Selection 2 News Update - Unknown Worlds Podcast #16 - Q&A

13»

Comments

• locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1671557:date=Feb 27 2008, 12:11 AM:name=smokingwreckage)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smokingwreckage @ Feb 27 2008, 12:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1671557"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->IF marines have to stop or disrupt to have a dead squad-mate spawn in or revive or whatever, THEN skulking might be able to pin an entire squad. There's the possibility that this could mean some very strategically significant gameplay- it all depends.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Interesting thought. I think this sounds like a good feature to add depth. If I get what you're saying correctly, If the squad tries to revive a teammate and is interrupted, then the respawn of that marine takes longer/is reset. I think the marine should have the option of respawning back in base but it would be an interesting trade off.

Maybe the squad would have to place and maintain a beacon or tracer to have the marine spawn there. Or maybe the commander could drop a one time use infantry beacon/portal.
  • FraxinusFraxinus Join Date: 2008-03-02 Member: 63783Members, Constellation
    I think the idea of squad spawning would be great, as well as marines being able to buy their own guns like in CS:S except that the commander unlocks the tech. However what will the marines buy their guns with, and what about coupling with people on your friends list in game? Will people on your friends list in-game automatically be in your squad?