Experimental Non Flash Menu Mod

Comments

• RyneRyne Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147408Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Thanks for the fast update! You actually made 213 playable as the main menu in the default game doesnt work for me.
  • PhYzorPhYzor Join Date: 2003-10-26 Member: 22005Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    me too that doesn't work today, i have a black screen
  • KasperleKasperle Join Date: 2004-09-29 Member: 31990Members
    just to clarify, the download link is a new version, mirror 1 seems to be an old version ... mirror 2 dont know.
  • ALLAROUNDGOODDADALLAROUNDGOODDAD Join Date: 2012-07-12 Member: 154071Members
    Not sure if this is a bug or just me being a noob...

All of my keybinds are cleared whenever the map changes, I change servers, or I restart the game. How do I make my custom keybinds persistent?

Otherwise, I love the mod! Thanks for your work!
  • Death_by_bulletsDeath_by_bullets Join Date: 2004-03-14 Member: 27336Members
    welcome to the forums DAD
  • fsfodfsfod uk Join Date: 2004-04-09 Member: 27810Members, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1950977:date=Jul 12 2012, 03:39 PM:name=Kasperle)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kasperle @ Jul 12 2012, 03:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950977"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->just to clarify, the download link is a new version, mirror 1 seems to be an old version ... mirror 2 dont know.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah I forgot to update the duplex mirror. the change log is not really that exciting

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>Change Log</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    0.35 11/07/2012
    <ul>Removed some leftover hooks for old flash menu code that were finally removed
    Added multi-point anchoring to the gui system so controls can automatically resize when there parent is also resized. Will allow resizeable windows in a future version
    Moved the ServerList header to inside the list</li></ul>

<!--quoteo(post=1951074:date=Jul 12 2012, 09:47 PM:name=ALLAROUNDGOODDAD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ALLAROUNDGOODDAD @ Jul 12 2012, 09:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1951074"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not sure if this is a bug or just me being a noob...

All of my keybinds are cleared whenever the map changes, I change servers, or I restart the game. How do I make my custom keybinds persistent?

Otherwise, I love the mod! Thanks for your work!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Strange it sounds like the saved variables are not getting saved properly or failing to load, it would be helpful if you posted your log file after this happen again
    fsfod, do u know if the autoretry option works, while i am in windows ?
  • fsfodfsfod uk Join Date: 2004-04-09 Member: 27810Members, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    If you mean when ns2 is minimized yes it still refreshing the info of the server you set auto retry on and should connect when a space opens up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2005-05-15 Member: 51659
    Great mod, thanks a lot. Borderless Window alone is worth it.
  • CodeineCodeine Join Date: 2010-11-22 Member: 75155Members
    Back to using this mod, its great.

I have one request though, Is it possible to add a Brightness slider? I want to make full advantage of adrenaline but its very difficult to see whats going on with out alien vision. Which kinda defeats the purpose of even upgrading it.
  • DoppyDoppy Join Date: 2006-11-15 Member: 58624Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Hey! I love your mod. I have a couple of suggestions though...

-Is there anyway of adding an "Auto Reload" feature? I've been spoiled by TF2 and I would love to see it in NS2.
    -Also, is there anyway of binding a key to "Morph (Lifeform)"? Recently, I've found a fun play style with Hypermutation where I switch back and forth between Gorge and Lerk/Fade. When I switch back within a minute all of my hydras and clogs stay up. As you can imagine it gets kind of annoying bringing up the Evolve screen every time.

Thank you. :)
    <!--quoteo(post=1952272:date=Jul 18 2012, 05:59 AM:name=Codeine)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Codeine @ Jul 18 2012, 05:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1952272"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Back to using this mod, its great.

I have one request though, Is it possible to add a Brightness slider? I want to make full advantage of adrenaline but its very difficult to see whats going on with out alien vision. Which kinda defeats the purpose of even upgrading it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't think there is any way to change the brightness

<!--quoteo(post=1952429:date=Jul 19 2012, 01:10 AM:name=Doppy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Doppy @ Jul 19 2012, 01:10 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1952429"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey! I love your mod. I have a couple of suggestions though...

-Is there anyway of adding an "Auto Reload" feature? I've been spoiled by TF2 and I would love to see it in NS2.
    -Also, is there anyway of binding a key to "Morph (Lifeform)"? Recently, I've found a fun play style with Hypermutation where I switch back and forth between Gorge and Lerk/Fade. When I switch back within a minute all of my hydras and clogs stay up. As you can imagine it gets kind of annoying bringing up the Evolve screen every time.

Thank you. :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't think it would be too hard to add them they might turn up in the next version
    The engine tends to crash sometimes, when using auto retry and switching to windows ( NS2 in fullscreen mode ). Not ur fault, just wouldnt recommend it :D .
    Autoretry option ingame will be reset when u are on a server playing, waiting for a free slot on another server and the map changes.
    edited July 2012
    0.36 Update 26/07/2012
    <ul>Updated the range of MouseSensitivity slider to the new values used by the engine
    Fixed chatframe not functioning because SetParentRenders was removed
    Fixed VersionChecker using an api before its usable for the client
    Fixed engined processed keybinds like VoiceChat not getting saved when changed</li></ul>
    <!--quoteo(post=1953704:date=Jul 25 2012, 11:21 PM:name=Kasperle)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kasperle @ Jul 25 2012, 11:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1953704"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Autoretry option ingame will be reset when u are on a server playing, waiting for a free slot on another server and the map changes.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is caused by Lua Vm being recreated every time you connect to a serve or the server changes level so all my windows get destroyed on map change. I would have to come up with some window saving system to fix it
  • HarrietTubgirlHarrietTubgirl Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154492Members
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for the awesome mod, I especially love the auto retry feature.

I had one issue though, a server nearby wasn't showing up at all on my server browser. I figured out that I could just add the server to your server cache in C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\SavedVariables\. Though I was wondering, how is that file updating in the first place? I tried to disable and mess with the mod to see if I could get the server cache to refresh in a way, but I couldn't seem to figure it out.
    edited August 2012
    The cached list of server IPs is only used when the steam master server takes too long to respond with a server list. The cached list is refilled every time you refresh the server list and the steam master server is responding. It is only saved when the Lua VM is shutdown like when connecting to a server or exiting the game
  • HarrietTubgirlHarrietTubgirl Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154492Members
    Ah ok, thanks for the reply. I guess my router or something just doesn't want to connect to the master server in a reasonable amount of time. I might try changing the timeout before it loads the offline list.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I use Q to open the minimap and the default commander hotkeys, in the mod this disables Q from working from commander perspective and instead brings up the minimap.

Can there be a seperate bind in the commander section to bring up the minimap?
  • JwamJwam Join Date: 2012-08-01 Member: 154540Members
    I love this mod! Thanks for this great work.
  • StoopStoop Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2973Members
    So, when using menumod, I can't "shortcut" structures or units to the number keys.. (ctrl 1-9)
    Is it broken? or is it me?
    <!--quoteo(post=1956649:date=Aug 3 2012, 11:03 PM:name=Jekt)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jekt @ Aug 3 2012, 11:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1956649"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I use Q to open the minimap and the default commander hotkeys, in the mod this disables Q from working from commander perspective and instead brings up the minimap.

Can there be a seperate bind in the commander section to bring up the minimap?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

if you hold shift when pressing it the commander hotkey should take priority I know its not the best solution

<!--quoteo(post=1957060:date=Aug 4 2012, 03:32 PM:name=Stoop)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stoop @ Aug 4 2012, 03:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1957060"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So, when using menumod, I can't "shortcut" structures or units to the number keys.. (ctrl 1-9)
    Is it broken? or is it me?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It looks like the code for ctl and shift handling for the commander was changed a build or two ago my code was not feeding the input events to it which was breaking ctl and shift handling I'll put out an update that will fix it
    0.37 Update 6/08/2012
    <ul>Changed auto retry connect keep refreshing while the menu is closed and connected to a game
    Fixed commander control hot key setting/selection
    Fixed commander shift click ping not working
    Fixed Last used weapon trying to select the builder tool and made it much more robust against selecting invalid weapons</li></ul>
  • plausiblesargeplausiblesarge Join Date: 2012-08-02 Member: 154558Members
    Thanks for the update! The last-weapon builder tool bug really irked me, especially when it crashed the game
  • StoopStoop Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2973Members
    Thanks! You're AWESOME!
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Feature request: Different sensitivity for alien and marine
    Why: My sensitivity for aliens is higher than for marines, and changing it around every time I change sides is a chore. Since the sides are asymmetric, I believe that others have this problem too.
    Options: Sensitivity could be different for different lifeforms also, and possibly for commanders too.

Ps. Been using the mod for ages, couldn't live without it... Keep up the good work <3 ;)
  • eh?eh? Join Date: 2012-03-03 Member: 147997Members
    You could just make a bind to adjust it on the fly. I think a lot of this could be solved by just adding console commands to carry out common actions like evolving to lerk, etc....

bind Q "i_sensitivity 2.08"
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1958768:date=Aug 8 2012, 03:37 AM:name=eh?)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (eh? @ Aug 8 2012, 03:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1958768"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You could just make a bind to adjust it on the fly. I think a lot of this could be solved by just adding console commands to carry out common actions like evolving to lerk, etc....

bind Q "i_sensitivity 2.08"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks! I guess I was just lazy and didn't do my research properly... I knew that binds were available, but hadn't really tweaked them so didn't think of solving the problem this way. Then again, I still think it would be a good feature to have different sensitivities in the options menu. ;)
  • JoggingBearJoggingBear Join Date: 2012-07-12 Member: 154061Members
    Can't wait for the 261 version of this. Joining servers that are full are a pain without it.
    <!--quoteo(post=1960410:date=Aug 10 2012, 01:12 PM:name=JoggingBear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JoggingBear @ Aug 10 2012, 01:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1960410"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can't wait for the 261 version of this. Joining servers that are full are a pain without it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

what is broken for you except fullscreen windowed?