Your feedback on our tweets here

Comments

• TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    <!--quoteo(post=1882630:date=Oct 29 2011, 02:36 PM:name=NurEinMensch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NurEinMensch @ Oct 29 2011, 02:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1882630"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I support random start locations, that will bring a nice amount of variety, but it should be optional for each map, or maybe even each location.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

thats a good idea, add a flag to a location entity that allows you to set it to 1 to include in random start, otherwise 0 excludes it. that way if i dont want random start, only one location will have a flag of 1.
  • Heroman117Heroman117 Join Date: 2010-07-28 Member: 73268Members
    Yes, there'd really be no harm done if mappers were given the option to make the start location optional in their maps.

That way we can keep Summit, Tram, and any other maps the way they are and then allow maps with random start locations in mind be able to be creative with their map.

It'd allow us to make more true to the original Ns1 map remakes without having to mod or actually change the game itself, which would be nice.
  • Ender_74Ender_74 Join Date: 2011-01-28 Member: 79329Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We were like "You must have the wrong office" and he said: "Does 'Playtesters' mean anything to you?" (!) #fb<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Some Playtesters made a birthday present to NS ?
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    HAHA! Awesome! Good job playtesters! Happy Halloween and 9th ns anniversary to everybody!
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A delivery guy just arrived with a hand-truck FULL of coke, champagne, ice and local beer... #fb
    We were like "You must have the wrong office" and he said: "Does 'Playtesters' mean anything to you?" (!) #fb
    Thanks Obraxis, McGlaspie, Syknik, Splendid, vizioNz, MrYiff, Jonacrab, and the others that don't fit in 140 characters. You ROCK. #fb<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Caffeine and alcohol, the perfect mix to keep any game developer going.
    These guys deserve it! Huge kudos to all the playtesters involved in this.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A delivery guy just arrived with a hand-truck FULL of coke, champagne, ice and local beer... #fb
    We were like "You must have the wrong office" and he said: "Does 'Playtesters' mean anything to you?" (!) #fb
    Thanks Obraxis, McGlaspie, Syknik, Splendid, vizioNz, MrYiff, Jonacrab, and the others that don't fit in 140 characters. You ROCK. #fb<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

lol that's pretty awesome. Gonna be a fun Monday at UWE.
  • MrYiffMrYiff Join Date: 2004-08-24 Member: 30867Members, NS2 Playtester
    Wait for the pics of the Gorge pinata, it started out as such an awesome idea (and the people who made it said it would match the pics they were sent), however the end result was rather, um, comically bad to put it mildly, hopefully it can become some sort of novelty mascot (or just die a glorious death!).
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Need pics of the this stuff! :V
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    edited October 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1882885:date=Oct 31 2011, 05:18 PM:name=MrYiff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MrYiff @ Oct 31 2011, 05:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1882885"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wait for the pics of the Gorge pinata, it started out as such an awesome idea (and the people who made it said it would match the pics they were sent), however the end result was rather, um, comically bad to put it mildly, hopefully it can become some sort of novelty mascot (or just die a glorious death!).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This.

Edit: Heh, I think I'd prefer the glorious death option :)
    The video is now up on the UWE youtube channel:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/UnknownWorlds" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/UnknownWorlds</a>

Corys box fort is making me jealous :(
  • SplatKirikiSplatKiriki Join Date: 2009-07-02 Member: 67997Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Video with the team accepting all the NS1 birthday gifts at the office: <a href="http://t.co/SlgluGOI" target="_blank">http://t.co/SlgluGOI</a> 29<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Officially the best devs ever. Frigging awesome. And they deserve it all, especially the box.
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    edited October 2011
    Happy birthday NS1, I really enjoyed the video I loled so much when I saw how protective Max was of the gorge :D and really nice of you playtesters for coming together and doing such a nice thing for the devs.

ps. with so much beer I wouldn't be surprised if we saw jetpack gorges in the next patch :D
    <!--quoteo(post=1882906:date=Oct 31 2011, 10:56 PM:name=rammaj)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rammaj @ Oct 31 2011, 10:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1882906"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Happy birthday NS1, I really enjoyed the video I loled so much when I saw how protective Max was of the gorge :D and really nice of you playtesters for coming together and doing such a nice thing for the devs.

ps. with so much beer I wouldn't be surprised if we saw jetpack gorges in the next patch :D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nonononoo, I think you will find it will be rocketfists!
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    Wow, the playtesters are awesome. I love the cape! :P
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Just finished a birthday blog update and uploading a video now. Should be ready within the hour! We're revealing SOMETHING... #fb about a minute ago<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That there's the magic of friendship and love and gooey stuff inside the Gorge pinata?
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1882930:date=Oct 31 2011, 07:44 PM:name=PsiWarp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PsiWarp @ Oct 31 2011, 07:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1882930"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Cory is actually on all fours right now, trying to describe some crazy new Skulk animation idea. What a job he's got!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Please tell me you have video of this. Cory always seems to be so straight-faced in the videos I'm cracking up imagining it!
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2011
    Quick forum users, photoshop Cory's head on a skulk as well!

Eventually we'll have an alien team full of Cory lifeforms. Cory lerks, cory fades, cory skulks.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1883155:date=Nov 1 2011, 11:14 PM:name=IeptBarakat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IeptBarakat @ Nov 1 2011, 11:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1883155"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Quick forum users, photoshop Cory's head on a skulk as well!

Eventually we'll have an alien team full of Cory lifeforms. Cory lerks, cory fades, cory skulks.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Ah, but nothing beats Matt Lerk, from back in the day when he was still working here.

[attachment=36020:MattTheLerk.jpg]
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2011
    Hilarious!
    I think you should replace all pictures in the UWE <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/about" target="_blank">about </a>section to be more like (ex)Mattlerk :)
    edited November 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1883160:date=Nov 1 2011, 08:20 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Nov 1 2011, 08:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1883160"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ah, but nothing beats Matt Lerk, from back in the day when he was still working here.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ah, I mixed up the heads again. I'd be a terrible mad scientist.

<!--quoteo(post=1883161:date=Nov 1 2011, 08:25 PM:name=Koruyo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Koruyo @ Nov 1 2011, 08:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1883161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hilarious!
    I think you should replace all pictures in the UWE <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/about" target="_blank">about </a>section to be more like (ex)Mattlerk :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

UWE alien team.

Someone would have to be the drifter.
  • juicejuice Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12886Members, Constellation
    It was cool meeting Dushan in the instancing video. Good to see quick progress. I'm glad he's part of the team! I'm looking forward to other optimizations from him and Max.
  • Ender_74Ender_74 Join Date: 2011-01-28 Member: 79329Members
    New hive cost 100 !
    GLs are going to be a nightmare even more.
  • BoBiNoUBoBiNoU Join Date: 2007-12-27 Member: 63274Members
    Oh man this is amazing !
    Keep them coming guys !
  • BJHBnade_spammerBJHBnade_spammer Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42431Members
    edited November 2011
    so what program is he using to look at all of that stuff while he is playing the game?

and i think 100rez for a hive is over kill maby 80 or 65 but 100 come on.
  • XerondXerond Undefined Join Date: 2004-07-09 Member: 29817Members, Constellation
    edited November 2011
    Brainstorm all you want, just don't forget focus and scent of fear in the process. =P At least try them out in NS2 before they get abandoned.

Also, hive cost... 100? Why not 75, 80?
    <!--QuoteBegin-uwe+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (uwe)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->We're all freaking out, trying to devise a strategy that could possible score a win in our NS2 match today vs. Cyd.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-uwe+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (uwe)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Relocation? Forward-building sentries in Alien Start? <b>Oh I know....release a new disruptive patch right before...</b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm fine with this.

Surprise them with a nuke or something. :V
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We're all freaking out, trying to devise a strategy that could possible score a win in our NS2 match today vs. Cyd. #fb<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh?
    I hope the guys are aware of the fact that the tournament is cancelled.
    It would be awesome if they played to game anyways though.
    Atleast we could see one matchup that is not played every week anyways.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1883736:date=Nov 4 2011, 08:29 PM:name=Zeikko)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zeikko @ Nov 4 2011, 08:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1883736"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Oh?
    I hope the guys are aware of the fact that the tournament is cancelled.
    It would be awesome if they played to game anyways though.
    Atleast we could see one matchup that is not played every week anyways.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, we are aware the tournament is cancelled. This isn't part of the tourny anymore, just a fun way to spend our afternoon getting humiliated in our own game.

--Cory
  • TriggermanTriggerman Graphic Artist Join Date: 2004-11-10 Member: 32724Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We're all freaking out, trying to devise a strategy that could possible score a win in our NS2 <b>match today</b> vs. Cyd. #fb<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Stream? Live stream?
    Somebody please think of the stream!
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2011
    Good job UWE!!

For winning against Cyd!

(At least i heard 3:0 for UWE)

:P