Alien commanders need to drop more structures

13»

Comments

• CodeineCodeine Join Date: 2010-11-22 Member: 75155Members
    Make gorge fun to play again!! Allow him to buiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild.
  • RobustPenguinRobustPenguin Join Date: 2012-08-17 Member: 155719Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1979530:date=Sep 18 2012, 01:58 PM:name=_Necro_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (_Necro_ @ Sep 18 2012, 01:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979530"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Mhh... so we disagree on the power of skulk-rushs? Have you seen the wasabi-cup finals? That game in summit where ARC was res locked but managed to kill the marine base power 3 times only by skulk rushs?
    You know that rounds with the hive near the marine base can lead to terrible powerful skulk-rushs? Imagine what would happen if aliens spawned even closer? Sorry, but beside your theory-crafting I know, how powerful a skulk rush is. And that no "fortification" of marines will stand one for long (at least till sentries get buffed again) as long as the skulks spawn near enough to the target.

I won't get into more detail why it is often wrong to waste res on whips to defend the shift or why you don't need to buy higher lifeform-eggs at a shift. I also will ignore your tries to insult me by your sarcastic imputation that I think my anecdotal game-experience is more worth than your theory-crafting.

I'm just saying that I have used this tactic and it worked. You will not succeed in explaining me why it can't work. And obviously you won't try it your self. So lets just agree to disagree.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A close spawn is a double edged sword though. You cant take one of your close RTs and if marines are smart they can throw a PG up on the other side and totally pen you in and res starve you, whilst the skulk rush is powerful I dont think its <i>that</i> powerful, even in a competitive match a full team skulk rush only managed to get the power and not win the game with it.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1979514:date=Sep 18 2012, 05:53 AM:name=piratedave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (piratedave @ Sep 18 2012, 05:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979514"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->how many times have you heard "Commander we need bilebomb" "commander can you get us blink", does this not sound familiar to the old days of NS1 ??? "Commander can you drop me a shotgun" "wheres my jetpack"

do you see where i am going with this ????<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No I don't. Marines demand weapon research, its part of the RTS model to have the commander in charge of research.

There is a difference between asking a comm for a shotgun or egg, and asking for research.

<!--quoteo(post=1979514:date=Sep 18 2012, 05:53 AM:name=piratedave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (piratedave @ Sep 18 2012, 05:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979514"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->this would also solve that pesky lifeform explosion problem. Some players will forgo all skulk abilities and research fade abilities instead, others will get leap first and then blink later.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No it wouldn't. Lifeform explosion happens because everyone reaches 50 res around the same time if they are saving for fade. Any good commander can keep up with lifeforms and research abilities in time, so lack of abilities is not an issue (except for lerk, since gas was moved).

<!--quoteo(post=1979514:date=Sep 18 2012, 05:53 AM:name=piratedave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (piratedave @ Sep 18 2012, 05:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979514"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->this solution perfectly solves the problem you were bringing up in this thread, that alien commanders are saving up res and are prioritizing ability upgrades over structures and structure abilities. So i came up with the logical solution : remove ability upgrades from the commander and presto ! the alien commander will spend res on structures again.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So you want to make alien commander more useless and have less to do? Sorry but no. My personal opinion is that the alien comm needs a heavier tech tree and more to do.