NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    CmdrKeen wrote: »
    aeroripper wrote: »
    Another addition (that would be much more useful than my last ideas to everybody in general)

1) Separate sliders for marine/alien mouse sensitivities. This used to be in an old (SamusDroid?) mod, but I don't think its around or works anymore. Would love to see this in NS2+. I know a lot of the more experienced players would appreciate this.

When I played with seperate senses, I created a bind to switch it. I think it was the command "bind F6 setsensitivity 3.33". Maybe it still works?

Yup, what you said exactly still works.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Mendasp wrote: »
    Mouse wrote: »
    Largely; the medpacks are landing on meshes that have collision and haven't been hidden from the commander.
    But it'd be nice if dropped medpacks, as well as being picked up when a marine walks on/near them, were picked up when a marine walks underneath them.
    I actually made them work like that when I was making the ammo follow the weapons because of a bug that appeared when testing that made them float if you picked up the weapon mid air. I ended up just moving the ammo pack to the floor, which results in pickup anyways.

Interestingly enough, before I could do anything @kmg has already contributed the code that ignores the Y axis, so expect that next patch.

Going a step farther, would it be possible to make medpacks be dropped based on geometry that's visible? As it is right now, sometimes (and refinery is a big culprit here), I'll try to drop a medpack, but it will instead appear at the top of a big north-facing wall (that is, of course, completely invisible to me thanks to our good friend back-face culling) that lies between my view and the marine I was trying to hit.

TLDR: Can you make it so medpacks won't drop on polygons that are facing away from the commander?
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Minimal Particles and a true vanilla NSL-lights option are all that I would want. I can deal with the vanilla hud and other elements as long as I can hold frames in pubs. :D
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Are the NSL lights even more performance friendly than the low light quality option in vanilla?
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    Make the match timer in hud official please. :D (as an option)
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Are the NSL lights even more performance friendly than the low light quality option in vanilla?

Very much so.
  • b1.seb1.se Stockholm, Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-17 Member: 159734Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited May 2014
    suggestions for spectator mode:

- add nameplates to marine/alien upgrades when hovering over. ("Umbra" etc)

- add progressbar to upgraded robo facotry while pumping out an arc/mac.

- if possible for lower resolution ppl (I play on 1152x864), stack the upgrade icons on two levels.
    This way in late games, you'd be able to see marine upgrades, since alien upgrades goes over marine ups.
    Or maybe divide them by hives or biomass?
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited May 2014
    Nice update :) I like the PG/tunnel colors now too.
    - Added Bonewall minimap icon. (Thanks kmg, remi.D!)

This is nice to have too. I imagine later on rupture/contaminate will get added to? The skull icon with an X behind it in minimap_blip.dds should work for rupture. The vortex or dot icon would work for contaminate I guess since those aren't used in the game.

• remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    Nice update :) I like the PG/tunnel colors now too.
    - Added Bonewall minimap icon. (Thanks kmg, remi.D!)

This is nice to have too. I imagine later on rupture/contaminate will get added to? The skull icon with an X behind it in minimap_blip.dds should work for rupture. The vortex or dot icon would work for contaminate I guess since those aren't used in the game.
    The vortex and dot are both used in game. Vortex is vortex. As a fade, you can see where your vortex teleport spot is on the map and when it expires. The dot is used by observatories detecting lifeforms in another room (it doesn't show what they are, just the blip)

There are plenty of other slots on this sprite sheet that could be hijacked (occupied com chairs, upgraded tech points, unbuilt hive, deployed arcs). I was going to try my hand at possibly making a new icon for bone wall. I don't think rupture on the map makes a lot of sense, but I could see a lot of value to showing contaminate.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited May 2014
    I've had to disable the BoneWall range for commanders since there are incompatibilities with CompMod, not 100% the fault of either mod, but a NS2 modding thing, really.

It will be readded when CompMod gets updated.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    Psyke wrote: »
    Mendasp wrote: »
    - Fixed Grenade collision radius to be more representative of the visual model -- proximity detonation radius is unchanged (Thanks remi.D!)

Just wanted to highlight this one. To explain further, the accuracy it takes to hit an alien is unchanged, but now you can shoot through another marine's legs, over their shoulder, through gaps in pipes in sub access on ns2_summit, etc. It feels a lot better to me, but I'd love to hear how other people feel about it and if it is working as intended.
    The question is : Does it change the charge on the server? In some physics engines, having a smaller object can increase the performance costs for its collisions.
  • kmgkmg Join Date: 2008-02-28 Member: 63758Members
    I could see a lot of value to showing contaminate.

i'm concerned this would affect balance when contaminate is actually used. right now contaminate is generally used late game in the middle of the marine's main base. they almost always have an obs in their main base. basically the surprise element of the contaminate would be reduced, because the obs would always now show the contaminate as soon as it was dropped instead of just once the whips get echoed in. maybe this is a good thing, i dunno, just though i'd bring up the balance issue.
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    kmg wrote: »
    I could see a lot of value to showing contaminate.

i'm concerned this would affect balance when contaminate is actually used. right now contaminate is generally used late game in the middle of the marine's main base. they almost always have an obs in their main base. basically the surprise element of the contaminate would be reduced, because the obs would always now show the contaminate as soon as it was dropped instead of just once the whips get echoed in. maybe this is a good thing, i dunno, just though i'd bring up the balance issue.

He's not talking about showing it on the obs. He's talking about showing it to other alien players on the map.
    Golden wrote: »
    He's not talking about showing it on the obs. He's talking about showing it to other alien players on the map.

that sounds good in theory, but i'm not sure if there's currently a way to differentiate the two. maybe there is, i dunno, but i've always just thought of it as if your team can see it then the other team can see it if it's detected. that's certainly the default behavior and when i implemented the bone walls i just never even considered it because that's just how it worked. anyway, that's why i brought it up.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Would making an option for commanders to turn off "extractor under attack" or "structure under attack" warnings be too much? It got brought up in another thread, and I can't count how many times I have gotten a structure under attack warning a split second after a medpack call and spacebar has taken me to the extractor...
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Golden wrote: »

that sounds good in theory, but i'm not sure if there's currently a way to differentiate the two. maybe there is, i dunno, but i've always just thought of it as if your team can see it then the other team can see it if it's detected. that's certainly the default behavior and when i implemented the bone walls i just never even considered it because that's just how it worked. anyway, that's why i brought it up.

There's a way to do it as cysts didn't show up on obs passive scan for a period of time.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    sebb wrote: »
    Would making an option for commanders to turn off "extractor under attack" or "structure under attack" warnings be too much? It got brought up in another thread, and I can't count how many times I have gotten a structure under attack warning a split second after a medpack call and spacebar has taken me to the extractor...
    I'll take a look.

In other news:
    - Added new BoneWall icon for the minimap (Thanks remi.D!)
    - Mod updater now shows a list of the mods that have been updated.

That bonewall icon... took us like 10 min to figure out what it was in pugs last night. LOL
    joshhh wrote: »
    That bonewall icon... took us like 10 min to figure out what it was in pugs last night. LOL
    It will look like a bonewall now... :P

do you want to turn it off entirely, or just make it so it doesn't go into your queue for spacebar?
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @kmg personally, I'd like to keep the structure under attack, but only in rooms with infantry portals.
    wouldn't that be similar to saying anything other than extractors?
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @kmg Similar yes, but I'd like to avoid the notifications from random powernodes on the map, while conserving the notification on the powernode in marine main.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer

do you want to turn it off entirely, or just make it so it doesn't go into your queue for spacebar?

This makes more sense actually.
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    I love pretty much all the features of this mod but still prefer the old style building healthbars (especially on marine RTs). Is there any way to change it back?
    Desther wrote: »
    I love pretty much all the features of this mod but still prefer the old style building healthbars (especially on marine RTs). Is there any way to change it back?

Turn minimal nameplates off.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    (Finally) enabled this on YOclan server last night.

I want your damn babies, mendasp.