New Bhop Fix

13»

Comments

• MoonMoon Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8873Members
    edited May 2003
    <!--QuoteBegin--Fantasmo+May 20 2003, 02:58 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Fantasmo @ May 20 2003, 02:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->But my point still stands that marines should not <b>always</b> lose at close range.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How do you know this new jump will mean the marines will "...<b>always</b> lose at close range."

I'm not saying you are right or wrong but what do you have to back up this point? <i>Speculations</i> based on your experience? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I was not really directing that at the new jump specifically, it was a more general point that close-range encounters should not always end up in the aliens favour.

As far as the new jump goes, it sounds like selective jumping will still be possible and hence balance should be ok.

If selective jumping were to be removed, I think it would tilt the balance too much towards the skulk etc. And this would be based on personal experience yes.
  • Dunkin_DynamiteDunkin_Dynamite Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13260Members
    agreed, some form of jumping should be allowed. Obviously backwards hopping and super speed are broken.

Some balancing work is needed. Depends if Flay wants. But it is better than getting rid of jumping forever. Depends on how it works out. Marines still have to be able to jump after all.

Backwards hop maybe once and then you would be slowed maybe, skulk latches onto your leg and lames or holds you - obviously that may confer too great an advantage. Actually since marines do have to jump anyway I think the new jumping will be a non issue. So long as we can still jump over a skulk, even if not perfectly, and not all the time.
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    How did that one slip past me for so long? Anyway, please use the 'Nooo...' topic for all your alien jumping discussions.

<span style='color:red'>***Locked.***</span>
This discussion has been closed.