Build 264 now live on Steam - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Yeah... ink does exactly what it is suppose to do. I don't know how you could improve it?
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    The only way I could see it improved would be to shorten the cooldown so the arcs can't get off a shot.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Ink is already pretty decent against arcs imo. Shouldn't do anything more than just delay anyway.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Ink should never fully counter arcs. That would be just stupid.
  • damenndudamenndu japan Join Date: 2014-02-21 Member: 194206Members
    mineshaft cyst bug plz fix it!!!
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    They shouldn't counter arcs at all. In the past, ink did permanently counter arcs with shorter cd, and it was pretty dumb.

Shade is super imba now and you don't need to even play the game to know it. Will probably only play next build when hallu gets nerfed to something reasonable or scan gets an energy base. For the sake of preserving some of my sanity.

It's a pity matso's awesome change came in the same build as this hallu overhaul crap.
  • driestdriest Germany Join Date: 2013-02-21 Member: 183251Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    lwf wrote: »
    So what was the Docking exploit anyway?

Missing death trigger at landing pad

So what made this critical? Could you sneak to some previously unreachable place?
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    driest wrote: »
    lwf wrote: »
    So what was the Docking exploit anyway?

Missing death trigger at landing pad

So what made this critical? Could you sneak to some previously unreachable place?

Maybe you could put gorge tunnels underneath out of reach of Marines.

You could get under the map and bite the command chair in Terminal or something of the sort. I never did it so I am not 100% positive.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    You could fly under the entire map as lerk and kill marine structures.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    joshhh wrote: »
    current1y wrote: »
    Skulk sounds are still ridiculously loud. They had to reduce them by 50% in the world championship and play a modded version of ns2. Why wasn't that fix included?
    This and the no-alert bug when things are off of infestation for alien Khamm. Both things were the result of the last patch and should have been included into the 'hotfix.'

On the bright side... +1 to Matso's fix. I have been waiting for that for quite some time.
    Been fixed in my QOL mod for over a month as well as other fixes.
    craZyfx wrote: »
    Additional infos about the fixes would be fine (ie. what was the problem in first place).

Is the connection loss fixed when you join a server for the first time and you have additional precaching activated?
    No, not all fixes were able to get into 264, but should be in 265.
    Narfwak wrote: »
    xen32 wrote: »
    Not sure if 264 related:
    Played 3 games on Mineshaft, all 3 were with alien start at sorting, according to comm, couldn't cyst to cave from any direction.
    I can't start a server anymore from menu (training/start game). I get black screen and then nothing. So can't test hallucinations :( I bet I will be ejected if I go shade first in real match.

It looks like a nav_mesh bug snuck its way in. We're currently investigating.
    It's not a nav mesh bug it's an invalid triangles bug which is very obvious to see when you load the map. MEANING THAT MINESHAFT IS BROKEN.
    nezz wrote: »
    was hoping for skulk sounds & steam browser fixed. But all good always next time. top work matso.
    Unknown in server browser is an engine bug that I don't have access to fix.
  • driestdriest Germany Join Date: 2013-02-21 Member: 183251Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    You could fly under the entire map as lerk and kill marine structures.

Ah, thanks for this, sounds critical indeed ;)
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Skulk sounds are still ridiculously loud. They had to reduce them by 50% in the world championship and play a modded version of ns2. Why wasn't that fix included?
    This and the no-alert bug when things are off of infestation for alien Khamm. Both things were the result of the last patch and should have been included into the 'hotfix.'

On the bright side... +1 to Matso's fix. I have been waiting for that for quite some time.

If this is true... why wasn't it in the patch. lol
    Kinda would make sense if you had a fix for it right?
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    I don't wana wait a month for 265 for some of the fixes that should of been in 264. :(
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    Since the update I get regular sound bugs with lmg fire and alien sounds that only stop if I reload/evolve etc.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    SamusDroid wrote: »

If this is true... why wasn't it in the patch. lol
    Kinda would make sense if you had a fix for it right?

Pretty much every fix that will be in 265 is from me (non map fixes) was fixed weeks before 264 was released, even days before the WC. But due to the current situation couldn't be included.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2014
    A map mod to hotfix a hotfix patch for a critical map exploit?

Wat.

Just release another hotfix omg, it's not like there are thousands of people playing the game at any one time anyway -_- .
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Surprised no one has mentioned the fact that hallucinations are given names now and will show up as kills in the killfeed... That is arguably the most significant buff. All sorts of deception plays are possible now that weren't before.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Surprised no one has mentioned the fact that hallucinations are given names now and will show up as kills in the killfeed... That is arguably the most significant buff. All sorts of deception plays are possible now that weren't before.

I'm seeing a whole bunch of bluffs involving lane blocking and flashed lifeforms.
  • ReapMysterReapMyster Australia Join Date: 2014-01-11 Member: 192954Members, WC 2013 - Silver
    Will we have to wait till next month for 265?
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Definitely not a fair trade. Hope that's just a bug that will be fixed.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Had some great fun in YOclan with shade hive 1st (/2nd! Comfortably!) lately, the new hallucination is much more manageable.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Managed to play last night, it did seem very, very smooth.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I like the patch too so far or rather the idea behind it, wasn't abe to test it extensively. Something had to be done with Shade Hive. We demanded and we got it.
    Maybe needs some tweeking but the outlook looks great.
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »
    Managed to play last night, it did seem very, very smooth.
    I noticed no difference whatsoever, which of course may just be due to the infamous YOClan hitreg (or rather lack thereof...). Gonna see how it goes during a PCW tonight.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    edited March 2014
    in all seriousness, Mineshaft is broken. Why has there not been a hotfix to fix this immediately? Samus has even fixed it in a mod. Poor Form.

This is why UWE get questioned & people get upset about dev's current work schedule & there commitement to this game.

Other then that. Matso love the fix. Noticable difference.
    nezz wrote: »
    in all seriousness, Mineshaft is broken. Why has there not been a hotfix to fix this immediately? Samus has even fixed it in a mod. Poor Form.
    I also fixed many other things like docking the same day it was broken, harvesters not flashing from taking damage from being uncysted, and many other things.