NS2HD NS2 Beta Tournament

Comments

• swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1872909:date=Sep 3 2011, 02:12 PM:name=Frhoe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frhoe @ Sep 3 2011, 02:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1872909"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Definitely wouldn't mind playing your team swalk. we should try to set something up some day. :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah, feel free to add me on steam: swalk1001@hotmail.com
    I'm sure we could work something out.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    swalk I found your email buried in my junk! Finally! Woo!

PersianImm0rtal you're welcome to send it to NS2HD@live.com.au.

All team leaders, please be sure to fill out the registration form I sent and return it asap. If you haven't received it, let me know and I'll make sure it gets to you.

Updated OP
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1873005:date=Sep 4 2011, 08:10 AM:name=NS2HD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NS2HD @ Sep 4 2011, 08:10 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1873005"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->swalk I found your email buried in my junk! Finally! Woo!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Heh, thought it was something like that :P
    We're from Europe btw.
  • Trainee.gerTrainee.ger Join Date: 2011-05-22 Member: 100097Members
    I hope that someone at the Unknown Worlds office is reading this :)

Or maybe ns2hd you can ask them :)

What about UWE is upgrading the accounts of the first 3 places of the tournament to black armor? I dont care much about that Money, but black armor would be so awesome for me. Im not talking about another account for those 18 people who are the winner of the tournament, just upgrading those poor souls with the standart green armor pleaase!?

Just think about it (-:
  • SmaugSmaug Join Date: 2011-05-23 Member: 100283Members
    UWE should offer the winners the chance to design a new skin for one of the units in the game, and have them done specifically for that team, like they did in HoN with the Unicorn in place of the Rhino etc.

Cyd would request Skulks with Top-Hats, Monacles and tailcoats.
    edited September 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1873110:date=Sep 4 2011, 08:07 PM:name=Trainee.ger)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trainee.ger @ Sep 4 2011, 08:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1873110"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I hope that someone at the Unknown Worlds office is reading this :)

Or maybe ns2hd you can ask them :)

What about UWE is upgrading the accounts of the first 3 places of the tournament to black armor? I dont care much about that Money, but black armor would be so awesome for me. Im not talking about another account for those 18 people who are the winner of the tournament, just upgrading those poor souls with the standart green armor pleaase!?

Just think about it (-:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Isn't that a bit too much? Maybe just for the winning team. Even though I don't care, I got my black armor :P

<!--quoteo(post=1873116:date=Sep 4 2011, 09:37 PM:name=Smaug)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Smaug @ Sep 4 2011, 09:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1873116"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->UWE should offer the winners the chance to design a new skin for one of the units in the game, and have them done specifically for that team, like they did in HoN with the Unicorn in place of the Rhino etc.

Cyd would request Skulks with Top-Hats, Monacles and tailcoats.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Please don't :(
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1873116:date=Sep 4 2011, 05:37 PM:name=Smaug)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Smaug @ Sep 4 2011, 05:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1873116"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Cyd would request Skulks with Top-Hats, Monacles and tailcoats.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->LOL! This...must...happen! :)
  • Trainee.gerTrainee.ger Join Date: 2011-05-22 Member: 100097Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1873143:date=Sep 4 2011, 11:33 PM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Sep 4 2011, 11:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1873143"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Isn't that a bit too much? Maybe just for the winning team. Even though I don't care, I got my black armor :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well, i think there are just a handful of people of the winning teams who does not have the black armor! So Uwe would just upgrade 5 or 6 of 18 accounts. thats not much.
  • vizioNzvizioNz InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24595Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1873175:date=Sep 5 2011, 05:14 AM:name=Trainee.ger)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trainee.ger @ Sep 5 2011, 05:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1873175"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well, i think there are just a handful of people of the winning teams who does not have the black armor! So Uwe would just upgrade 5 or 6 of 18 accounts. thats not much.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Black Armor was for early investors and early investors only (of the special edition). If UWE does anything, it should not include the Black Armor.

Also, the whole top hats thing? Your joking right? This isn't Valve and it definitely isn't a FREE-TO-PLAY clown game like TF2. UWE is much better than that...
    <!--quoteo(post=1873175:date=Sep 5 2011, 09:14 AM:name=Trainee.ger)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trainee.ger @ Sep 5 2011, 09:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1873175"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well, i think there are just a handful of people of the winning teams who does not have the black armor! So Uwe would just upgrade 5 or 6 of 18 accounts. thats not much.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That's not what I meant :P Yes, chances are high that some of the teams that come 1st/2nd/3rd already have black armor. But the black armor is something special, and therefore I think that only the winning team should recieve them, if any :P
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Winning team should be added to the playtester list, to test out the pre-build releases. I think a lot more people would much rather be able to speak with the developers pre-build release and test it out.. Would definitely show how knowledgeable they are in the game and the winning team could probably give a lot of insight into a lot of stuff. +1 for Numo Uno becoming PT. =P
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Top hats, tails, and monacles... Why that's just brilliant! Haha!
  • Megarith747Megarith747 Join Date: 2011-05-13 Member: 98585Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1873188:date=Sep 5 2011, 04:11 PM:name=Frhoe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frhoe @ Sep 5 2011, 04:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1873188"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Winning team should be added to the playtester list, to test out the pre-build releases. I think a lot more people would much rather be able to speak with the developers pre-build release and test it out.. Would definitely show how knowledgeable they are in the game and the winning team could probably give a lot of insight into a lot of stuff. +1 for Numo Uno becoming PT. =P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A great idea, but I don't think that UWE will do that, cause I guess some players would tell people whats coming or other things.
    Well.. maybe if the'd setup a NDA ...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Why not.....

<!--coloro:#808080--><span style="color:#808080"><!--/coloro-->*Omnimous rumbling once more*<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<div align='center'><!--sizeo:7--><span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->GORGE PLUSHIES FTWINNERS!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
  • meb3meb3 Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106078Members
    hey flayra can you just give andrew pt so he shuts up about it thanks

also make me official ns2 pr person already
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1873340:date=Sep 6 2011, 12:53 PM:name=meb3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (meb3 @ Sep 6 2011, 12:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1873340"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hey flayra can you just give andrew pt so he shuts up about it thanks

also make me official ns2 pr person already<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You confuse me, I was giving an idea about what the winning team would win. Will the team i'm on win? Who knows. It was just a suggestion. Stop being so bitter young troll. You know you don't have to reply to threads, but knowing you, you will either way, because well, you have nothing better to do. :) Ciao Ciao beautiful meb.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2011
    Is there a way to force original textures, models, sounds, cinematics etc?

Im not a programmer, but i got a feeling you can change everything atm... and even inject own dlls?! (whatever this can do/means)

Currently there is no way to tell if ppl are cheating, and for 600$ price money there better should be...

Small things like changed lerk gas particles(there is a mod somewhere in the forums), changed glowing model textures(not sure if possible) etc. cant really be detected...

Preventing r_mode unlit is not enough.
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    I assume it are Client-DLLs you are concerned about. Last time I checked (half a year ago) that was still possible, but it may have changed in the mean time. When it comes to malicious intend ingame however, the open-source non-verified\synced\hashed Lua-scripts are just as bad. It'll be sorted out before 1.0 I would imagine (it has to be), but until then cheating is exceedingly simple. I've not spent any time looking into it, but I bet an aimbot wouldn't be that difficult to conjure up, and as you suggested changing models\sounds\textures\whatnot will be even simpler and undetectable at this point.
    i will be cheating in this tournament and distributing my lua aimbot to anyone interested for $5

pm me if interested
    'bout a hack that makes your framerate and reg not shyt, now that's a goldmine. I'll be wanting 50% for the idea though...
    i made a lua cheat that makes everyone's fps worse

i call it going lerk and sporing
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2011
    Just remove all particle effects you dont want to see, since nobody cares and only makes cheap jokes about <b>serious </b>problems like this...
    This is something only UWE can sort out really. A hash has to be made of all the Lua-scripts on the client, and checked against what the server has, any mismatches should result in a re-download or kick. This moves the problem away from Lua and into the engine, at wich point UWE can consider using VAC to protect that portion of the game against tampering (you don't want VAC guarding the Lua-scripts, as the whole idea was to be able to freely edit those).
    may whoever writes the best lua cheats win
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1873802:date=Sep 9 2011, 12:33 AM:name=meb3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (meb3 @ Sep 9 2011, 12:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1873802"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i will be cheating in this tournament and distributing my lua aimbot to anyone interested for $5

pm me if interested<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Depends on whether your aimboat can track things on single digit FPS.
  • subshadowsubshadow Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15710Members
    How about NS2HD can ask random people to make a screenshot of their screen at random times. These need to be send at him right after the game.
    Make sure all players have a hotkey for making screenshots.
    After the game, NS2HD can check the screenshots for any weirdness.
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    edited September 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1873861:date=Sep 9 2011, 12:29 PM:name=subshadow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (subshadow @ Sep 9 2011, 12:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1873861"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How about NS2HD can ask random people to make a screenshot of their screen at random times. These need to be send at him right after the game.
    Make sure all players have a hotkey for making screenshots.
    After the game, NS2HD can check the screenshots for any weirdness.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then the players would just take the screen shots when there wasn't any weirdness going on. At this point in the game it's pretty much impossible to stop people cheating or changing things to give them an unfair advantage. I'm sure there will be someone who plays in this tournament that has dodgy settings or modified lighting or something. As a player you just need to accept that right now.

I believe it's a little early for a prize money tournament but I love that NS2HD is doing these types of things and helping the community grow. Once 1.0 comes out I'm sure most of the modifiable things will be blocked to prevent unfair advantages.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1873797:date=Sep 9 2011, 12:44 AM:name=Koruyo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Koruyo @ Sep 9 2011, 12:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1873797"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Small things like changed lerk gas particles(there is a mod somewhere in the forums)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This is pretty bad since the lerk's usefulness at the moment revolves around its ability to obscure marine vision (a terrible game mechanic, but I won't get into that here).
  • Megarith747Megarith747 Join Date: 2011-05-13 Member: 98585Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1873802:date=Sep 9 2011, 02:33 AM:name=meb3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (meb3 @ Sep 9 2011, 02:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1873802"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i will be cheating in this tournament and distributing my lua aimbot to anyone interested for $5

pm me if interested<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hugh, can you please throw him out just for posting this?
    I don't want the first ever tournament played in NS2 getting ruined from money-hungry ***holes.

regards,
    Megarith
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    too late i already paid and now have lua hax. a+++ seller would peruse services again.
This discussion has been closed.