Experimental Non Flash Menu Mod

Comments

• rehreh Join Date: 2011-12-11 Member: 137450Members
    It's the single, most useful mod in ns2 so far. :) Thanks a lot.

Would it be possible to add a possibility to bind two keys to one action? I like having jump bound to different keys, depending on what class I play.
  • fsfodfsfod uk Join Date: 2004-04-09 Member: 27810Members, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1939242:date=May 27 2012, 08:43 AM:name=reh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (reh @ May 27 2012, 08:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1939242"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's the single, most useful mod in ns2 so far. :) Thanks a lot.

Would it be possible to add a possibility to bind two keys to one action? I like having jump bound to different keys, depending on what class I play.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is planned in the very near future I think will probably have to switch saving keybinds using to my own config system to support it
  • ceribikceribik Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69492Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver
    So is anybody else still getting the bug where ammo HUD isn't shown on weapons?
  • rehreh Join Date: 2011-12-11 Member: 137450Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1939256:date=May 27 2012, 11:29 AM:name=fsfod)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fsfod @ May 27 2012, 11:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1939256"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is planned in the very near future I think will probably have to switch saving keybinds using to my own config system to support it<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Great, I can't wait.
  • fsfodfsfod uk Join Date: 2004-04-09 Member: 27810Members, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    0.32 Update 31/05/2012
    <ul>Replaced the header labels of the server list with a proper header control you can reorder the tabs by dragging them around and they can also be resized. There layout/order is persisted across restarts
    Tweaked the size and layout of the server browser a bit
    Server browser sorting is now saved
    Switched to a new data driven control creation system. Modding pages will be much simpler now
    Added a basic a Steam Workshop modlist tab to the mods page it may not be fully functional this build
    Improved the mouse Enter/Leave event behaviour for controls
    Fixed incorrect coloring of servers with 100 ping
    Fixed MouseStateTracker causing an error if the client failed to connect to a server</li></ul>
  • uraganuragan Join Date: 2012-05-28 Member: 152677Members
    edited May 2012
    0.32 Update 31/05/2012

i got error if ping filter not selected

How to get older versions of menumod?
    where can i download it?
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    My old autoexec with "ListView.SelectedItemColor = Color(0.8666, 0.3843, 0, 1)" no longer works. Is there a new way to change the colour of the server browser highlight?
  • supsusupsu Join Date: 2012-04-24 Member: 151023Members, Squad Five Blue
    With the newest patch(209) I keep having a bug where I can't join the server at all anymore: Whenever I try to double click from server browser nothing happens and when I type "connect <address>" to the console this error pops up <a href="http://mouhez.net/paska/2012-05-31_00003.jpg" target="_blank">http://mouhez.net/paska/2012-05-31_00003.jpg</a>

I'm not sure at all why do I keep getting this bug because no-one else seems to get it and I have tried everything, even downloading menumod folders from my teammates that has it working and replacing mine with theirs but i just keep getting it.

Thanks.
    <!--quoteo(post=1940440:date=May 31 2012, 03:20 PM:name=uragan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (uragan @ May 31 2012, 03:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1940440"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->0.32 Update 31/05/2012

i got error if ping filter not selected

How to get older versions of menumod?
    where can i download it?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Can you post your error log or at least a screenshot of the error in the console.

I leave all the old versions up <a href="http://www.fsfod.vivaciti.net/files/" target="_blank">here</a> 031a is the previous version

<!--quoteo(post=1940442:date=May 31 2012, 03:36 PM:name=Wilson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wilson @ May 31 2012, 03:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1940442"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My old autoexec with "ListView.SelectedItemColor = Color(0.8666, 0.3843, 0, 1)" no longer works. Is there a new way to change the colour of the server browser highlight?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ServerBrowserPage.ControlSetup.ServerList.SelectedItemColor also look at ServerBrowserPage.lua:259 to see what else you can easily tweak now with the table driven creation system

<!--quoteo(post=1940463:date=May 31 2012, 04:51 PM:name=supsu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (supsu @ May 31 2012, 04:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1940463"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->With the newest patch(209) I keep having a bug where I can't join the server at all anymore: Whenever I try to double click from server browser nothing happens and when I type "connect <address>" to the console this error pops up <a href="http://mouhez.net/paska/2012-05-31_00003.jpg" target="_blank">http://mouhez.net/paska/2012-05-31_00003.jpg</a>

I'm not sure at all why do I keep getting this bug because no-one else seems to get it and I have tried everything, even downloading menumod folders from my teammates that has it working and replacing mine with theirs but i just keep getting it.

Thanks.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Steam failed to update your game properly because your ServerBrowser.lua is from build 208 and not the updated 209 version
    You need to verify integrity of ns2 right click on ns2 in steam and click properties and then click the local tab and then verify integrity of game cache which.

Also you should update to the new version I just released
  • RyneRyne Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147408Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Found a bug. If you:

1) open a player list for a server
    2) scroll to the bottom of the player list
    3) hit refresh

It will move the view to the top of the player list, but the scroll indicator stays at the bottom
  • uraganuragan Join Date: 2012-05-28 Member: 152677Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1940478:date=May 31 2012, 08:18 AM:name=fsfod)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fsfod @ May 31 2012, 08:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1940478"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can you post your error log or at least a screenshot of the error in the console.

....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

thx for the old version , please edit your first post and put the link there.

To the error.
    I dont get it now, because my PingLimit has now a value.
    After the update my settings reseted, and pingfilter value was "nul" or "null", (nothing)
    If its "nothing" then you get lots of errors, and no servers

So you can fix it, with forcing to "All" as standart
    If nul then All, I think you understand what I mean
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    Client.GetServerBotCount doesn't exist (anymore?), but you're still using it, and with a server reporting bots through the A2S_INFO-reply it breaks the server-browser completely.

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->Script Error #726: GUIMainMenu/ServerBrowserPage.lua:29: attempt to call field 'GetServerBotCount' (a nil value)<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    <!--quoteo(post=1941527:date=Jun 5 2012, 01:35 AM:name=player)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (player @ Jun 5 2012, 01:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1941527"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Client.GetServerBotCount doesn't exist (anymore?), but you're still using it, and with a server reporting bots through the A2S_INFO-reply it breaks the server-browser completely.

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->Script Error #726: GUIMainMenu/ServerBrowserPage.lua:29: attempt to call field 'GetServerBotCount' (a nil value)<!--c2--></div><!--ec2--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't think it ever existed but I should of been setting Client.GetServerBotCount in my ServerQueryHelper module but wasn't.
    I was never able to test it before because the server never bothered and still doesn't to fill the botcount field. I'm guessing that you are now filling it in with overmind.
    0.33 Update 5/06/2012
    <ul>Fixed the listen server getting stuck when starting up because the engines new map auto download code fails to handle .level in map name
    Fixed bot count handling in the server browser
    Change MouseStateTracker to play nice with its evil twin so the games own mouse events work correctly for its own ui
    Changed the keybind mod to always pass through mouse click events when the mouse is visible
    Fixed the mouse cursor not being visible when in overhead spectator mode
    Fixed the scrollbar of list controls not reseting when a new datalist was set also made the the player list of the ServerInfo window not reset its current scroll position when refreshing
    Fixed some of the game ui being on top of the menu</li></ul>
  • StoopStoop Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2973Members
    What would be REALLY cool, is to have the ability to join a server when a spot opened up.

Possible?
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Has been possible with this mod for a long time.
    Right click on the server and click on auto retry.
  • MigeMige Join Date: 2005-03-19 Member: 45796Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    2 days ago I reinstalled whole comp (new motherboard) and now mod wont work anymore

Date: 06/07/12
    Time: 19:32:53
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Build 209
    Starting Natural Selection 2
    RenderDevice: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 (8.17.12.9610)
    ModuleBootstrap: luabind.dll failed to run(The specified module could not be found.

)
    Script Error #1: MenuMod_Client.lua:25: None of the overloads for Shared.Message match the supplied arguments:
    Shared.Message(nil)
    Overloads:
    Shared.Message(string message)
    Call stack:
    #1: Message [C]:-1
    #2: MenuMod_Client.lua:25
    result = false
    message = nil
    #3: Load [C]:-1
    #4: lua/Main.lua:3
    Mods are up-to-date.
    You should retry extracting the mod if that doesn't work make sure you have the <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8328" target="_blank">Visual C++ 2010 runtime</a> installed
  • MigeMige Join Date: 2005-03-19 Member: 45796Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited June 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1942066:date=Jun 7 2012, 12:52 PM:name=fsfod)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fsfod @ Jun 7 2012, 12:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1942066"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You should retry extracting the mod if that doesn't work make sure you have the <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8328" target="_blank">Visual C++ 2010 runtime</a> installed<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah just noticed.. sorry for trouble mate and thanks for the great mod anyway ;)
    <i>You will also need to install Visual C++ 2010 runtime which the ServerQueryHelper and UIHelper lua dll modules need to run</i>
  • XeiZXeiZ Join Date: 2012-04-13 Member: 150384Members
    Are you working on a 210 version? I get alot of CTDs with menumod in B210, cant really reproduce since they happen at random times (at least thats what it looks like for me)
    Without menumod its running fine.
    Are they happening before you connect to a server or while your playing.
    <!--quoteo(post=1944002:date=Jun 16 2012, 07:42 PM:name=fsfod)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fsfod @ Jun 16 2012, 07:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1944002"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are they happening before you connect to a server or while your playing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

While playing, but (at least for me) at random times. Like when i´m spawning, while running, while attacking. Different times too like 2 minutes after starting sometimes it takes 8 minutes.
  • ceribikceribik Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69492Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver
    <!--quoteo(post=1944002:date=Jun 17 2012, 12:42 PM:name=fsfod)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fsfod @ Jun 17 2012, 12:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1944002"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are they happening before you connect to a server or while your playing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm getting the same issue, but I haven't bothered to check if its due to menumod or ns2. They happen somewhat randomly while playing and since they don't occur often enough (only once every 1-2 games), its hard to say what's inducing them.
    fsfod: the game we where both in just now crashed for me, had menumod running. think it was when the hive died no idea if it has something to do with it tho.
    You could try disabling the sub mods ServerQueryHelper and UIHelper to see if it makes any difference
    edited June 2012
    Finally got to try it : Still crashed, gave me some runtime error (only does this sometimes)

edit: ryne gave me this idea but maybe it has something to do with the new twitter feed ? No clue about this modding stuff tho...
    edited June 2012
    You could post your ns2 log file after you crash again and I might be able to find the cause. Its path is %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\log.txt just paste the path into explorers address bar and hit enter to open it

The twitter ticker doesn't get created with my menu.
    edited June 2012
    Trying to use pastebin.com but my browser crashes everytime i paste it in....maybe its too long <-<

edit: over 800k rows wtf.... just for like 10 minutes
    edit2: <a href="http://pastebin.com/FaTnvtun" target="_blank">http://pastebin.com/FaTnvtun</a> the last "few" things it logged
    ouch if its getting spammed that much that client might be creating some resource and erroring in a way that's stopping it from freeing it later and causing the game to run out of memory maybe you could just zip the log and post it on some free file host post a link here. also just a hunch do you somehow still have my sub mod coloredbuildghosts installed or enabled by chance
    edited June 2012
    nope removed it long ago, running out of memory as in my memory is full? If thats what you mean, no. I monitor my memory/cpu/gpu on 2nd monitor and still have >3gb free memory.
    If i get the chance i´ll ask beep to post his log because he cant use menumod either in 210.

Is there a way to open older logs or save them automatically? Seems like its removing the logs once you start a new game.